Re: [OM] Use Super FP mode on the F280 with the OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Use Super FP mode on the F280 with the OM-1
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:02:57 +0100
: This website will translate japanese pages to english:
: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjtrans.html

Hmm - interesting - if it would have worked. The site only translates word
for word, giving all possible meanings for the various words, without trying
to extract the meaning of the sentences. Very fatiguing - it may be quicker
to take a short course in Japanese before you can figure out the meaning of
even a small paragraph.

Example from the Oly Japan site, the first paragraph that describes the
OM-3Ti,
http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/OM/om3ti.html

I get this from the 'translator', when I remove the Japanese words and paste
all translations together:

Photographer by oneself ingenuity importance photographing originally the
best to taste exposure control function photometry information indication
subject camera to be crowded manual focus single-lens reflex camera
enjoyment to spread plenty lens system deficient system shrine medical care
art extensive area use lens system plenty OM-3Ti accessory group treatment
to become complete function to make use of 35~80mm high power lens standard
zoom area cover large amount zoom lens now to join in.

I understand from this recommendation that if I buy the OM-3Ti and the
38-80mm/F2.8 my shrinking wallet gives me such a headache that I need
medical care treatment?

hnz