Re: [OM] TOPE 4 initial launch final call for submissions...

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE 4 initial launch final call for submissions...
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:57:01 -0500
You wrote:
: Olaf-
:
: Not being a US citizen, you may be unaware that the Florida Supreme
: Court and the US Supreme Court are currently in the process of
: extending the deadline for Tope, so that no chad, er um, negative
: will remain uncounted!.

I wouldn't c*unt on that! Unlike the archaeological excavations that you
call c*unting machines, the equipment we use in the Netherlands is dead on,
just like, uhm, the c*unters in our beloved OM bodies! Have you ever seen an
OM that moves its c*nter from 24 back to 13, then forward to 35, then again
two frames back to 33 to have it finally sent for examination to a Grand
Jury lead by John Hermanson and Mr. Maitani himself, to decide if the end of
the film is reached???
That's because the media isn't involved in the process of film counting. When they report preliminary and unofficial results we can be sure of nothing. They haven't learned the meaning of "don't count your chickens before they hatch".

Gregg