Re: [OM] Power Cable for T-20

Subject: Re: [OM] Power Cable for T-20
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:14:32 -0800
Wayne wrote:

<By the way, has anyone built a HV power supply to power the T20/T32
through the 3pin connector ?>

Wayne, Faisal and the rest,

        I am still working on building a high voltage power supply when time
permits.  Originally I wanted to use wall transformers I had laying
around, but a little catalog searching found a suitable transformer for
about $10.  At this point I have all of the pieces (110VAC to 220VAC
Transformer, Diodes, AC Cord, Fuse, and a box to put it all in) when I
ran out of time.  I will redouble my efforts to get the thing at least
wired up to look at the output.  So far the Usual List (of) suspects
have been invaluable in getting me to this point without any shocking
surprises (puns intended, sorry).

        I am interested in the function of the third pin to turn the source on
and off, is this utilized by the F.AC Adapter 2? Or is it a means of
saving the batteries in the Bounce Grip? Any information greatly
appreciated.

        On a separate note, I too would like to thank Dr. Peter for all of his
work.  I look forward to the completion of the Vision Age section.  I
would suggest that Dr. Gilbert talk to Greg Heier about how to best
display Olympus Documentation.  Greg has a great collection of that
material already started.  Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California