[OM] Re: dye sublination.....

Subject: [OM] Re: dye sublination.....
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:25:27 -0500
>Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 10:55:33 -0700
>From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Olympus E-10 (was Re: Battery question)
>
>E-10s are gonna be scarce for awhile, I'm afraid -- Oly's got a winner
there.  The dye-sub printer was $1,999.00 CDN, and produced the most amazing
prints I've ever seen.  All-in variable cost for an 8x10 glossy is about
$3.00 CDN, which isn't bad at all (and it's portable!).

I'll tell you what makes me laugh about this. Kodak discontinued all of its
dye sub chemicals a few years ago. I think another company is still making
them. They were used for fine art color photography, as in four color work
with pin registration, et al. Another area of interest to me that I never
got around to exploring....BTW, the dyes used were archival, hence the "fine
art" aspect to the prints....

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright