Re: [OM] my first go at the list

Subject: Re: [OM] my first go at the list
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 09:56:42 -0800
The 40 f2 is an exceptionally compact and light lens, even for the Om line. You
can easily carry the OM w/lens mounted in a large pocket. The 40 f2 is also a
unique focal length that gained popularity in the early 80s. Just a touch wider
than a 'standard' 50 without being a real wide angle. Add to these practical
reasons the fact that it is no longer available new from Olympus, and was never
produced in very large quantities and you have a lens that has achieved quite
the collector status. I remember wanting one of these lenses when they came out,
but at the time was rather impoverished and could not afford the aprx $100.00
they were running new. Who knew such a lowly lens was destined to increase in
perceived value so much!

Jim Couch