Re: [OM] Tamron 2X SP (was: ...telescopic tube....)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 2X SP (was: ...telescopic tube....)
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:55:09 -0800
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, C.H.Ling <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>[Zuiko] 100/2 has no problem to mount on 2x-A.
>
>Just tried out this combination, it works, but hardly say good.  Compare
>with other combinations -135/2.8+2x-A and 100/2+Tamron 2x SP, both looked
>sharp wide open.  Actually I have tried both on the field, their result
>were excellent wide open.

C.H.,

I'm very curious to learn how you managed to combine the Tamron 2X SP
with the 100/2 Zuiko.  As far as I know, because of its front end
mechanical configuration, the Tamron 2X SP converter can only be
physically coupled to Adaptall-2 lenses -- bare, without the mount
ring.  In other words, the only Tamron 2X SP converters I have ever
seen must be inserted between the Tamron lens and the Adaptall-2 mount
ring.  (Btw, same goes for the Tamron 1.4X 140F converters.)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA