Re: [OM] Roll Call - Swedish Listees

Subject: Re: [OM] Roll Call - Swedish Listees
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 02:08:30 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 11:12 AM

> Remember Lars Bergquist?  One of the finest explainers of things technical
> I have ever encountered.

Yes, I remember Lars and I agree with you. IIRC he didn't post very often, but
always
had something interesting to say. Btw, I don't know for sure, but we might have
lost Ulf
Westerberg as well. Last we heard from him he was selling off his OM gear. He
made me
aware what a fine lens the 300/4.5 is, even with a 2X-A converter!

> There were at least four other Sweedish subscribers las of a few weeks
> ago.
>
> Giles

Thanks Giles. Nice to know I'm not all alone here...

Btw, I didn't mention my lenses and other gear. Besides the OM-2SP (w a 2-4
screen) I
have a 28-48/4 wide zoom (after a costly repair in the early 90's it became my
"standard" OM lens, and has always been carried since), a 75-150/4 zoom (rarely
used
nowadays), a 300/4.5 tele (one of the best 300 mm lenses out there), a 2X-A
converter
(bought in mint cond for 525 SEK in a Sw net auction last year!), a winder 2,
and of
course the tele, wide and macro B-converters to go with my iS-3000/G40 combo.

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården

--
To look into the eyes of the wolf is to look into ones' soul.