Re: [OM] Me [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Me [OT]
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:42:44 -0800 (PST)
Mike Butler wrote:
>My Ford Exploder is barely enough for a weekend trip
>now a days.

I hear ya.  We had a Suburban which was just about big
enough for two small children.  We traded it in for a
Mazda MPV (4WD) which can hardly handle a trip to the
grocery store.  Went with another couple on a week
vacation in September in our MPV.  Since we were
camping, we had to get a Thule "casket" for the roof
rack and still needed to store most everything else in
my gargantuan luggage and a backpack strapped to the
rack.  The girls rode in their carseats in the third
row.  Had so much stuff packed around them that we
could only see their eyes.  (until offspring #1 had an
unfortunate and sudden evacuation of the stomach)

OM content:  I had to really trim my camera kit to
make everything fit.  Restricted myself to half my OM
kit and left the MF stuff at home.  Took the smaller
Bogan tripod.  Had we still owned the Suburban I could
have taken my larger Bogan tripod!

However, to keep from starting another S*V flamewar,
please note that we no longer have the Suburban and I
did vote for Nader!  (still own the Jeep, grunt!
grunt!)

Ken (overjoyed that we finally got snow and I have a
bonified reason to use 4WD) Norton