Re: [OM] Slide/Photo Catalogue Programs

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide/Photo Catalogue Programs
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 00:30:08 -0000
Warren K wrote:

> ...I have found a evaluation program for which I will buy the full updated
copy
> of a program called ACDSee. It sort of configures like Windows Explorer
but
> also has a preview window that can pop up a thumbnail of a .JPG or .BMP
file.
> A double click gives you a full screen version of the photo. There's also
> space for a memo field...

Yes, it's extremely useful. I always save in .BMP or 'PCX format from PS or
PSP and use ACDSee to convert to .JPG at the default settings. You can
configure the program to keep the original file or overwrite it but I prefer
to keep it and flip between the two images (Page Up/Page Down keys) to get
an idea of what has been lost in the compression before deleting the
original. It's rare to detect any difference other than file size.

Regards,
Keith Berry, Birmingham, UK
eBay id: 'keithberry'.