Re: [OM] [OT] Canoscan

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Canoscan
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:02:53
David Brooks, Shutterbug mag/CompuServe digiguru, regards the Canoscan FS2710 as the best of the film scanners in that price range, by a small margin. Being an unrepentant Canonite I'd have to agree based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever. But the Minolta and HP PhotoSmart scanners have diehard fans too. As other folks have said recently regard Dmax and the like - forget it. Those specs are mostly advertising hype. I'll trust the word of an experienced user over ad hype.
Lex Jenkins
"It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle shrouded in an enigma powdered
with a paradox with little shiny sprinkles of bemusement on top."

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:22:02 +1100
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Local store has a special on the Canoscan FS2710...