Re: [OM] [OT] Money Orders and Credit Unions

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Money Orders and Credit Unions
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:51:12 -0600
Chris, it just happened to me yesterday at my credit union, with a money
order from, well, you.  They wanted $5.  I'll come up with another way, but
haven't thought of it yet.

Interestingly, they happily accepted the Japanese Postal Money order.  They
would also have taken a dollar CHECK from Royal bank.  It was the money
order part that threw them.

Tom

From: <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I recently purchased a T20 flash from a US seller, and send the seller an
> international money order in US$ drawn from one of the biggest banks in
> Canada (Royal Bank).  Last night, the seller advised me that his credit
> union won't deposit the money order into his account unless he pays a
US$10