[OM] 35/2 Perforamance

Subject: [OM] 35/2 Perforamance
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:32:40 EST
I wish I had a 35/f2.  But do I want it bad enough or need it bad enough to
add it to my bag where I have a 35/2.8?

I was recently in BALBOA PARK at the ALCAZAR GARDEN here in San Diego.  This
garden is a riot of colorful flowers in a beautiful setting.  I mounted a
polarizer on the 35/28 and shot some Supra 200.  The results are gorgeous.
The photos are sharp in the corners and overall contrast is very good.

I shot at f/8 and so wide open wasn't the issue.  It seems that most lenses
suffer at wide open aperture.  If photojournalism is your effort, the edge
sharpness is probably not important.  In a scenic, we usually shoot at
smaller apertures and the other attribures of the lens become important.

So, after this ramble, I think I'll stay with the 2.8.

Dave Dougherty