Re: [OM] Problem with FTL 135mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem with FTL 135mm lens
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:18:27 -0800
Andrew F. writes:

<< Welcome to the "I want an FTL" sub group >>

If you groupies wished you had a 50mm f/3.5 Zuiko or a 40mm f/2, I just
acquired an interesting cross: A Kilfitt Makro Kilar E 40mm f/2.8 in an
unusual M42 mount, thus fitting the FTL. According to McBroom, these are
most commonly in Exacta mounts and was the first commercial true macro
lens in 35mm.  It appears to have multi-layer coating, but, alas, has a
manual diaphragm. No problem for "Lentar Lex"  :-)  Anyone have a M42 to
OM adapter? That would sure fit my long standing wish for a wider angle
macro lens to do large document copywork at a shorter working distance.

I'm quite tempted to run an SQF test on it this week, along with a 350mm
f/2.8 Zuiko w/ & w/o 1.4x and 2x teleconverters. Plus a test on a
28-85mm f/4 RMC Tokina, which physically differs in size from the Canon
FD 28-85mm f/4 that Gary Schloss speculated might be "it's cousin."

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV

P.S. Man, those Lentar 135mm f/2.8 Presets are whopper lenses!