Re: [OM] OM4Ti exposure question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti exposure question
From: <clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:14:03 -0000
Curious - could be a sticky magnet.  Try this:

Leave both cameras wound overnight.  Remove lens and film.  In a well lit
room, with the cameras set on "Auto" mode, press the release buttons.  Both
cameras should fire at a very high shutter speed.  If the shutter on either
(or both!) hesitates noticably, then you've probably got a sticky shutter
magnet.

Peter Davies <peter.davies@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Hi Gang
>
> Has any body noticed this with a OM4Ti.  I've got 2 and both behave
differently on auto for long exposures without film in them.  This happens
when I try a long exposure eg 5-6 secs after the camera shutter speed has
been turned to B/60 or after the camera has timed out.  The first exposure is
for 4 secs max and then the rest are OK.  On the older body this doesn't
happen.  This maybe be due to circuit enhancements over time - I don't really
know.  The other thing is maybe I should just disregard these tests
altogeather as there was no film in the camera.