Re: [OM] Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:03:55 -0800 (PST)
> If you enlarge the 35mm frame to 10x8" it is an 8.5x
> enlargement, compared to 4.7x for 6x45cm, and for
> those who are interested, 6x7cm works out at 3.8x.

The error in this particular test was that both were
shot at identical aperatures.  This would give the DOF
nod to the 35mm negative.  In order for the test to be
fair you would need to stop down the 645 by an
additional F-stop.  Common mistake that 35mm
photographers make when starting to use medium format.
 As a general rule, you cannot shoot both the same
way--you must learn/relearn some techniques.

The 35/2.8 is a good lens.  I had one for quite some
time and only got rid of it because of focal length
duplications.  However, a nasty side effect of the
lens is that in close ups it is no where near
flatfielded.  Downright rump-ugly infact.

Ken N.