Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc.
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 12:32:46 +0100
Mike

I use Eyecup 1s with corrective lenses installed, courtesy of the opticians who made my spectacles. As has been said, the Eyecup 1s do work their way off the viewfinder mount, but if you fix them on more securely you are likely to break them (I did one this way, as I used a rubber band to keep it on). I normally just use my specs, but I like to put the Eyecups on for ease of use (and my specs are photochromic and change the colours of the scene through the VF).

BTW, I am fairly sure that "dioptres" refers to the units of magnification or correction; I think that it is inaccurate to refer to the lens as a dioptre.

BTW2, the OM1 & 2 VFs have -0.5 in already.

BTW3, you do know, don't you, that the OM3 & 4 have corrective adjustment available already?

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

Chris Barker