Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc. and Lasik-and focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc. and Lasik-and focusing screens
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:07:21 EST
As a 40 plus year old photographer who once had excellent vision, the decline
in eyesight can be very frustrating. The OM 4's and 3's with their dioptric
correction really help as do bright focusing screens. I've had CAMTECH CLA
both an OM2n and 1n, installing the Beattie grid screen at the same time. The
correct diopter for me along with the very bright viewing screen makes
focusing the  Beattie screened OM 2 and 1 very easy, even with wide angles.
OM 2's and 1's with the Beattie and Oly 2-4 screens are the brightest
viewfinder available with OM's. Another list member ask about preferences for
either the Eyecup 1 or 2. An advantage to the Eyecup 1 is that if you can
find the diopter lenses, if your eyesight changes you can simply exchange the
lens. Over the last 5 years I've moved from a -1 diopter to a -2.

Gary Faulkenberry