Re: [OM] Voigtländer 75/2.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Voigtländer 75/2.5
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 09:46:17 +1100
Chris Barker wrote
>Dear fellow Hobbits (sorry Hobbyists)

And good morning to you too, Frodo.

>The latest edition of Amateur Photographer has a review of the new
>Voigtländer Color-Heliar 75/2.5.  It will have various fits,
>including OM, and its price in the UK is projected to be £300 - or
>perhaps it's available already.

ooooo-er! Didn't know they were doing this. What about the other Bessa
lenses - like the 15mm? (Faint slathering, twitching noises off-stage).

>The lens has a fair proportion of chrome (or whatever the metal is)
>and although it will be a solid piece of kit, it is small.  I expect
>that its performance, which was highly praised in AP, will be better
>than the 85/2.  Any reports elsewhere on this... and does it form
>part of the addiction?

Well as it's made by Cosina, it should be perfect with an OM2000! Last time
I dribbled on a Bessa-R the lenses looked VERY small. If people here get
away with using T*mron - this has to be allowed within the ambit of OM
addictive substances.

>Unfortunately, I will not be buying it as my funds (or those
>allocatable to the "Hobby") will not stretch that far.  I am intent
>on buying an ISDN modem (I know it doesn't modulate/demodulate, but
>it serves a similar function) to speed up my connection.

Just a weekend Zuikoist, hey?

>(back unscathed from the night shift of the "war" in the computer
>gaming establishment near Ramstein in Germany).

So that's what NATO is all about - Nintendo for the big kids.
Ramstein's a rock band, isn't it?
Andrew