[OM] Spirits...

Subject: [OM] Spirits...
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 00:27:36 -0000
Susan asked

<snip>
"methyated spirits"....any idea what this traslates to over here?
<snip>

Well, at last, my favourite subject....

It's that vaguely purple stuff that, if you drink it to excess, turns your
eyes so multi-coated that you can't see through them any more. Used to be
the staple tipple of the winos in Edinburgh, until Bel-Air hairspray was
released.

Actually, I was going to post on the inflammable liquids thread, because I
once met a guy (aeromodeller) who looked as if he had been a fighter pilot
during the famous WW2 (read all about it, Acer!), but was twenty years too
young. He had been doing something with a model wing when something (related
to smoking, I believe) caused his solvents to ignite. Unfortunately, he had
been using a plastic magnifier to do his detail work, ending up with
'Fighter Pilot's Eyes'. Not pretty.

Be careful out there.

Donald.