[OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes Again

Subject: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes Again
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:42:30 EST
I know you'll all groan at this question...but I'm gonna ask anyway  :=P

I got the replacement from Acer in two days, but have scsi problems, and I
don't think it's with the scsi card.

The computer I would LIKE to use it with is a PII 450 I built two years ago
because it has a huge hard drive.  For two years I have been using a Umax
S-12 (same as 1200) with a scsi card....and from the very start Win 98
(devices in System in Control Panel)  would not recognize the scsi on this
computer, BUT the scanner works beautifully.

I've tried  installing the Acer scsi card in several slots, no go. Took it
out and tried using the Acer with the Umax's scsi, no go. Would you just put
it into another computer (I have a couple older ones around) and say "#@!#@
it" or am I missing something??

Any sage words of wisdom would be appreciated. Acer support is useless.
Sad Sue

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
"Anyone can be sexy at 30. But until they turn 40, guys aren't worth a damn
anyway." ( rocker JOHN MELLENCAMP, named "sexiest grandfather" at age 49 by
People magazine.)