Re: [OM] TOPE updates: they're here!!! :)

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE updates: they're here!!! :)
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:47:10 EST
In a message dated 11/08/2000 4:55:09 PM, Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Does the natural conclusion of this thread mean that the 'recovering

zuikoholic' can never even participate in 'social' zuiko imbibing???  One

zuik, and your back on a steady diet, huh... >>

Jim, either you're on the wagon or you're off. Even an occasional Zuiko and
you're right back where you started. It's a powerful addiction strengthened
by pleasurable pursuits and good company. Forsaking old haunts is next to
impossible. Who can forget those old trysting places and seductive moments
of photographic pleasure? And you never know when you will run into another
addict and have all those old memories and thirsts reawakened. You think you
have it licked and then you notice your shutter release finger is twitching.
You catch yourself furtively looking for photo ops, noticing the play of
light
on various objects. You absent-mindedly reach for your pocket camera. It
isn't there. You start to sweat. You get flashbacks of memory. You recall
the shots, the thrill, the satisfaction.... You end up pacing through the
house muttering, "Where's my camera, my lens, my film? I need to take a
picture...now! Help me. I can't take abstinence any longer."

Nae, laddy. Once the Oly-Zuik bug bites it's a persistent feeder on your mind
and spirit. "Please, just one more more roll of film..well then, just one
more
picture, then I swear I'll quit. Oh, if I just had an OM-X and a Zuiko
Xmm/fX, I'd
be a new person, do justice to my vision. Let me get that one great shot and
I'll die happy." Ah me, heard it, said it...so often.

Robert