Re: [OM] 28mm on Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm on Ebay
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 20:41:24 +0000
Toni,
I don't believe it is, and I don't believe there were any MC versions of
this lens.  The 28/3.5 is is one of the inexpensive, slower lenses that was
offered from near the beginning of the OM line. It was dropped early on and
I believe was essentially replaced with the 28/2.8 about 1981 or so.

The first tip-off is the "G.Zuiko" which generally indicates SC.  In
scanning the Lens Page, SC/MC cross-reference, SC/MC survey, and eSIF,
there is no mention of ever having been an MC version of this lens.

http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html#wide
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/multicoat.txt
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mc-sc.survey
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/lensgroup/28mmf35.htm

Having owned one for 20 years (sold it earlier this year) it is a decent
lens if it was well cared for.