Re: [OM] Kodachrome Scans

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome Scans
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:39:53 -0700
At 07:51 AM 11/3/2000 +0000, Paul Reynolds wrote:
>Garth wrote:
>
>>So far, I've had no problems scanning Kodachromes with my SprintScan 4000.
>>Maybe I'm just lucky?
>

>The scans look fine to me!
>
>This definitely comes into Chip's "Maybe others do better" category.
>

>Or, as Gary Player I think it was, once said -  "The harder I practice, the
>luckier I get".

Paul:

Thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately, I don't deserve it.  The picture
of autumn colours you refer to is one of the very first I scanned after getting
the SprintScan plugged in and set up, and I had virtually no idea of what I was
doing -- I just clicked the mouse and let 'er rip.  The only "touch-up" was a
slight sharpening in Photoshop, and some downsampling to make sure that the
file sizes weren't too audacious.  (I *have* since learned a few tricks to make
the scanner "sit up and bark," but nothing that would noticeably improve that
original Kodachrome scan I did.)

I just think the SS4K is a great scanner -- it can even make mediocre
photographers like me look really good!

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/, or
   http://www.enable.org/~gallery/