Re: [OM] T20 not working with non zuikos?

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 not working with non zuikos?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:36:04 +0100
> My humble OM10 which I got at e-bay and got serviced 10 days
> ago (light meter needed some work) will only work properly with my
> T20 flash when using the zuiko 50 1.8. If I swithch to a Sigma 35-
> 70 2.8, the camera does not seem to be aware that the flash unit is
> attached and the speed from the meter is used

Maybe the Meter Coupling Lever of the Sigma is bent or missing or is no
longer coupled to the aperture. That would mean that whatever position the
aperture ring is set, the camera only sees the lens as wide open. If this
F2.8 setting would result in shutter speeds shorter than 1/60 the flash
won't fire. In auto mode w/o flash the OTF exposure should still give good
results, unless the Automatic Diaphragm Lever is also malfunctioning. In
this case the lens can only be set at F2.8 which can easily result in
overexposure under the Spanish sun...

hnz