Re: [OM] Halloween photos; Digicam questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Halloween photos; Digicam questions
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 22:11:34 -0800
At 07:58 PM 11/1/00 -0800, you wrote:

>We're looking at get yet another digital camera for the school (we have a
>340, 460 and C-2500L already). The prime contender this time appears to be
>the C-3030 (vs the Nikon 990 I think). Any comments on this model? I think
>the high res will be mostly overkill, except for a few times that it will
be used
>for professional print work, where the 460L was deemed to lo-res, and the C-
>2500L too much in demand, and too hard to use (?).
>
>Any thoughts, new models to wait for, etc?

Hi Shawn,

Funny you should mention that combination to consider. My brother-in-law's
brother (ain't that a handle) was faced with the same dilemma. An old
manual C*n*n user he was unsure which route to go. He called me to chat
about same and I gave him my sparse knowledge. In the end he opted for the
3030 and now tells me I am the guru of digital ( I really know squat - just
know the Olympus had to be better based om ny sisters 600). He uses the
camera to shoot product, tradeshows etc, creates posters, brochures etc etc
with the images. Finds it very intuitive and a real pleasure to use.

Hope all this is of some use.
Barry H