Re: [OM] Backpacking cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpacking cameras
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:48:12 EST
mike1964@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Just received the latest issue of Rock & Ice this month,
 and they have an article on cameras for mountaineering
............. Top choice
for a 35mm SLR.....you guessed it, Olympus

Olympus was also pretty good about sponsoring expeditions with camera gear.
Not only the large Chris Bonnington type expeditions but also samller
expeditions. I went on an expedition in the late '70's that had gear
sponsored. The only stipulation was that we not use other manufacturers gear
and that we put some Olympus labels on our helmets. The cameras were
winterized by the factory but we had some unwinterised OM bodies that worked
just fine even some OM2's. Somebody smuggled along an electronic Cannon
battery eater that promptly failed in the cold.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes