Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility

Subject: Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 01:22:31 EST
Chip  writes:

<< Tim -

 I presume this is  to prevent the pins and contacts from wearing as the
 flash is installed and removed?
 Does the patent actually discuss the reasoning behind it?

It is a long time since I checked the patent so I don't remember the
justification
in the specification section of the patent. You could speculate that it was
for
other reasons like not wanting to trigger the quench if removing the flash
etc.
In checking my notes on OM patent numbers I could not find that one.
Unfortunately Olympus has a lot of flash and other related patents so it
is quite hard to find by just searching the patent servers for Olympus and
flash.
 I just remember seing the drawing of the construction and then checking an
actual flash.
You could try searching for the patent using the name "Mizokami" who was the
primary
author of a number of the Olympus flash patents in the 80's.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes