Re: [OM] 35EC

Subject: Re: [OM] 35EC
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:18:42 -0600
The 640 was the very first "mercury" battery I remember encountering
that was replaced with an Alkaline version, back in the late '70's.
Used to send 'em back with a "Wrong Battery Type" label....

Varta still has alkaline 640's in their catalog - and if anything, maybe
because the photo cells are so much older now, the older cameras seem to
be a little more accurate with the higher voltage alkalines - at least,
that's what my testing shows.  Anyway, it beats leaving an otherwise
good camera on the shelf....

Have your dealer call Varta - they're nice folks to deal with, and have
a relatively small minimum order.  Plus they've got some great
prices....