Re: [OM] Current film color balance (was: OT? Film vs.Digital)

Subject: Re: [OM] Current film color balance (was: OT? Film vs.Digital)
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:36:08 -0600
John

I'm about 25 miles north of Champaign, Il. Indy is 1 1/2 hours from me,
as is Chicago, and Peoria. I don't want to be any any closer to a major
city...
:-)

If you have a number for Firehouse I'd like to give them a call. I'm
going to try to get a couple of enlargements done of these by a *real*
lab and see what they look like.

I've avoided slide films because of my lazy metering techniques and
because everyone wants to see printed proofs.  Once I can afford a
film/slide scanner I will probably start using more slide film. I have
access to a Tektronix Phaser 850 wax transfer printer that I can use to
generate a sheet of large thumbnails, say 4 or 6 to a page for low $$.
That should work OK for "show and tell", then I can have the ones I want
printed. I just need to stop buying things Zuiko for a while and get a
scanner.

In the mean time, I'm going to try some other films and processors.

Thanks agin for your help.
--
Jim