Re: [OM] Current film color balance (was: OT? Film vs.Digital)

Subject: Re: [OM] Current film color balance (was: OT? Film vs.Digital)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:21:34 +0000
At 21:33 10/28/00 , Jim Sharp wrote:
>I guess I'll be looking for a pro processor for the latter. I used to
>use Burrell Color in Indiana years ago. I was happy with the work but
>the turn around is always about a week since I lose a few days in the
>mail. There's nothing more local that I'm aware of. Just corn and
>soybeans out here...
>
>--
>Jim

Jim,
Don't know where you're located.  I live in Kokomo.  Best pro processing
near me is in Indianapolis at Firehouse Imaging Center on (East) Washington
Street (aka US 40).  I get all my 645 work and any large enlargements done
there.  The will be processing the wedding I have to shoot in November.

Other than events like this November wedding and deliberate portraiture I
use Kodachrome, Elitechrome 100 and E100S, although as previously posted
I'm trying Ektachrome EPN.  Got fed up with print quality at the local
one-hour labs.  Bought a 50" screen, a used Ektagraphic II "industrial
strength boat anchor", put a Schneider-Kreuznach zoom lens on it, and now I
give slide shows.  The chromes:  WYSIWYG (what you shot is what you get),
and it shows off how good the Zuiko's really are.

-- John