[OM] IS1 info

Subject: [OM] IS1 info
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:54:57 -0400
Jeff Bellin wrote about the IS1:

>I think I've figured out almost all of the
>functions but I'm sure I'm missing something,
>but the only real quesions I have are about the
>z memo button. Is its only function to set a
>predetermined focal length? Also, in the portrait
>mode are the 1 - 2 and 3 numbers telling the
>camera how many people are in the picture?

The Z button only memorizes the zoom or macro position.
The portrait mode numbers correspond to:
1=head and shoulders, shooting range of 3.9-13.1 ft.
2=half length (waist up), shooting range of 5.9-22.3 ft.
3=full length, shooting range of 8.2-31.2 ft.

It is a great knock-around camera.  I keep one in the console of my SUV.

Walt Wayman