Re: [OM] Digital OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital OM
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:10:08 -0500
Yes, they have 1GB harddrives. They are actually CF II format (compactflash)
and can be used in any digital camera that can accept the slightly thicker
card.  The platter is the size of a quarter.

Here's a link to the announcement of them:

http://www.storage.ibm.com/press/hdd/micro/20000620.htm

Not cheap though.  $479 from IBM's online store.  Let's say they hold 20
shots, or even 40 compressed.  If I was going to do a serious shoot, I'd
want what, maybe 8-10 of them?

Tom

From: <HI100@xxxxxxx>