Re: [OM] Negresco

Subject: Re: [OM] Negresco
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:57:12 -0500
At 01:09 AM 10/28/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone been getting spam solicitations from eBay seller "negresco"
>(Gerhard out of Beverly Hills)? I've seen his form letters where he
>tries to sell his goods to anyone who bid on his auctions (strictly
>against the eBay user agreement, by the way). I'm curious what his real
>asking prices are on the OM equipment he Mister Lists over and over
>again?
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

I don't bid because of the high reserves and the weird descriptions.
(Every 70s rangefinder is a Nikon "S-something copy".
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=478568698
for example.) I saw him try to sell a very rare variety once, not by
noting its rarity, but by claiming it was a copy of some Nikon rangefinder,
which it doesn't remotely resemble. That one didn't make reserve, but it didn't
reappear; so he must have haggled offline. He does have a lot of interesting
collectibles, even if he doesn't usually seem to know what they are.

Paul