Re: [OM] M15V WITH MD2-now recharge time?

Subject: Re: [OM] M15V WITH MD2-now recharge time?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:16:40 -0400
I think the M15V nicad test LED circuit was designed around use with nicads
only, so the fact that it lights may be meaningless once NiMH are installed.
My 2 cents, I'm really not sure.
Many ads I've seen state that "you can just keep using your nicad charger
with NiMH batteries".  The consensus on the list was to not charge the pack
for more than 5 hours (after a big discharge) when using NiMH.
I've accidentally left my NiMH test pack on the charger overnight.  In the
morning the test light  won't go on and the pack doesn't work.  After a
while, the pack recovers by itself and everything seems to be back to
normal.   I don't know the affect of repeated overcharging though.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000