Re: [OM] Teteconverters

Subject: Re: [OM] Teteconverters
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:33:34 +1100
>I used a Vivitar 2X converter with the 75-150 last summer with good results
>at both extremes.  I don't know the exact model of converter, but I can ask
>my brother if you're interested.  It's his equipment.
>--
>Mark Thalman, markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>f u cn rd ths thn u cn gt gd jb prgrmmng cmptrs

The important thing with teleconverters is to buy a multicoated seven
element model rather than a cheap little four element. It should cost
around US$25-30 second hand and will be clearly identified as a seven
element. I have an Auto Teleplus MC7 model, bigger than the 50/1.8! which
is acceptable but not great when I used it with a 300/4.5. Perhaps not a
fair test. I've only just acquired a 75-150 so haven't tried it yet. I've
also seen Komura and Tamron models, both more compact than mine. If anyone
sees a Pentax screw mount seven element, let me know...
Andrew