Re: [OM] Digital backs

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital backs
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:10:44 -0500
It's a interesting question.

Right now I have a Kodak DC-260 I use when I want instant pics, or need
ebay shots for example. Being not too experienced, I also use it quite a
bit to check lighting before shooting with a *real* camera.
Unfortunately, the quality is low so it's just a rough approximation of
what I'll be seeing on film. It's better than nothing though, and it's
saved me from making some dumb ( new guy type ) mistakes.

I'd ditch the Kodak in a NY minute if I could get a digital back for my
OM, even knowing the back would cost as much as several DC-260's. It
sure would be nice to have a digital camera with interchangeable quality
optics, ttl flash metering, etc... I can't believe there are so few OM
users that this would be an unsuccessful product.

--
Jim