[OM] RE: Price of an OM3Ti...

Subject: [OM] RE: Price of an OM3Ti...
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:06:37 +0100
Okay, here's where I'm coming from on this.

1) I'm not in the market for an OM3Ti. I'd love one, but I'm broke.

2) I've never used a Leica. I've never touched a Leica. The Leica mystique
is lost on me.

3) Neither of these cameras is likely to improve the (dismal) standard of my
shots.

4) So I'm looking at an advert in Amateur Photographer, for a Leica M6TTL
with 50mm Summicron f2, in black, costing UKP1899.

5) An OM3Ti body will cost me UKP1399. All my lenses will fit it. My winder
will fit it. My flashes will fit it, on my BG2.

6) When I was moving up from my Instamatic to a real camera, I looked at
non-reflex models, and decided that no, I wanted an SLR. So what if I've
just got a 35RC ;-) ?

Point of diatribe being that I don't think £1399 is too much for a superb
mechanical device such as an OM3Ti. I can't afford it. But if I could, I'd
buy it.

Donald (Gotta love those mechanical OMs)

P.S. - I have a YashicaMat 124G - great camera. Wish I used it more. I will
use it more.