Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies

Subject: Re: [OM][FS] 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:32:44 -0700
In a message dated 10/23/00 "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< I suppose that I am at the opposite end of the opinion scale on this
one. >>

<snip> Glad you wrote it first Tom...saved me the energy ;-). The post
that started this thread almost sounds like sour grapes from someone who
was outbid on a bargain...but that is pure speculation on my part.

Tom goes on to write:

<< I'm sure my opinion on this particular topic doesn't mean much to
some, as
I've been accused of 'overselling' myself and have chosen to go directly
ebay rather than offering items to the list anymore. I know I am not the
only one to make this decision, as I've had off-line conversations with
others. The traffic discussing and criticising and arguing about posting
about sales has just turned me off from doing so. >>

This is quite an unfortunate circumstance IMO. Not only have personal
attacks almost driven Tom and others from this list already, but he
indeed no longer offers his treasures directly to us any longer which
really is a shame. I believe this potential loss for many stems from
snipes from only a few. I know I have found Tom to be incredibly fair
and generous and no doubt countless others here have too.

While deceptive profiteering is not something I think should not be
condoned, I'm not sure that is the case here since the advertised prices
sounded fair...despite being somewhat higher than what was apparently
paid for the items. To imply deception could discourage all from posting
FS posts here in the future. That is a loss to all of us IMO.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com