Re: [OM] Suggestions for paying in France?

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for paying in France?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:45:33 +0200
Dinkar

My bank (The Co-op) will send money to anywhere in the EU for £8 - at a rate of exchange that you are told. I am pretty sure that the system is universal in the UK.

I had not heard that the Eurocheque system was being withdrawn. I am willing to bet that Barclays has decided to withdraw it itself; that bank goes from one PR disaster to another. But most of the big banks in the UK are a little unwieldy when it comes to customer service. The big Dutch banks are almost as bad... but the Postbank is excellent.

Chris

 Many thanks for all the suggestions for paying in France.  I liked John
Palmer's suggestion. I rang my bank (Barclays) and I was advised that the
Eurocheque system is being withdrawn from the end of this year and there is
nothing to replace it with.

Well so much for being in the EEC! I find it so much easier to send money to
USA then to Europe. The bank informed me that sending money to France is not
that bad as they can issue cheques in French Francs over the counter at 8
GBP but to send money to Holland (The land of Olympus goodies - in my
opinion anyway) is not that easy as it costs between 15 and 20 GBP.

Dinkar
John Palmer wrote:-

--
<|_:-)_|>