Re: [OM] Re: OT Lefties

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT Lefties
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:39:47 -0400
In order of most commonly found among the general public:
        r handed        r eyed
        l handed        l eyed
        r handed        l eyed
        l handed        l eyed

There is a higher percentage of left-handedness among those of high athletic ability, and among exceptional batters in baseball a cross dominance of the direction batting and the dominant eye. People also have a dominant leg, but it has little to do with photography. :-)

I personally am ambidextrous and find the OMs give a great balance of control between my hands. But I recently found that with the BG2 and motor drive attached (and using the BG trigger), I often use my right hand to balance and fire the camera. This put the flash on the bottom for some important photos recently, giving me some ugly shadows hovering on the wall behind and above the subjects.

Gregg

Gregg

Bruce asked:

BTW, I am right handed but left-eyed.  Is this a rarity?