Re: [OM] Why I like OM's (Was: OM-2n 'off' shutter speed)

Subject: Re: [OM] Why I like OM's (Was: OM-2n 'off' shutter speed)
From: Chris Johns <lc-johns@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:10:43 -0500

On Friday, Oct. 20/00 at 12:23:34 PM, Paul Farrar <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
mused:

- OS2 (great operating system... crappy marketing...  need I say more???)

I guess I'm just a sucker for companies that screw-up big time!  <G>

Regards,

Chris

You're not alone Chris....I still have my Amga 3000. What it could do with only a 25mhz processor and only 12 megs of ram was pretty awesome in the graphics department. Just because a design is good, is no guarantee that the marketing will match unfortunately. My Amiga had a lean, clean operating system and once upon a time ran graphic circles around either macs or pc's and their clones. But that wasn't the gist of the game, right?

Now when my cohorts wonder why I "still use all this old OM stuff" I'm not a bit concerned. Until I can't fix it any more (let's not go there for now) I'm happy. All my OMs (sounds like a soap opera) OM4s, OM2 and faithful OM1 do a superlative job (when I do at least). Excellent photography doesn't depend upon keeping up with the latest gizmo...but how we choose and use what we have.

Chris J.