Re: [OM] OM-4/Motor Drive 2 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4/Motor Drive 2 Question
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:24:11 -0400
OM-4 should work at any speed with either motor drive.  Check for corroded
battery contacts within the battery holder, melted contacts at the end of
the holder and/or melted battery contacts INSIDE the grip.  After that, the
Motor Drive 2 can be quite "sensitive" in that most of the ones I see have
atleast 1 transistor vaporized from the flex board.  My MD2 started acting
weird a few months ago and it ended up in a drawer.

Are the batteries in the OM-4 good?  The 4 will not  work with motor drives
(on the mechanical speeds) if there are no batteries present.  Use silver
oxide for longer life.  Use Eveready 357 for longest life.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000