[OM] Photo Techniques' 25 Best Cameras

Subject: [OM] Photo Techniques' 25 Best Cameras
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:45:42 -0700
I'm with you Chip on this one...very curious. Almost as if they forgot
the OM-1. Spotmatics are very good dependable cameras and prior to the
release of the OM-1 were my favorite SLR for all the same reasons I like
Olympus. Simple, reliable, compact (compared to Minoltas, Nikons and
Canons of that era). Very nice really. A friend who is as loyal to
Pentax today as we are to Olympus has gone to their PZ-1P (he has been a
loyal Spotmatic and later on ME Super--or whatever they are
called--user). Having played with and seen the results from his PZ-1P I
can say I think it is one of the best wunderbrick bargains out there
today IMO. They have some very interesting new wunderbrick introductions
and an even more interesting 6 megapixel digicam SLR body coming and
look to be trying to get back into the professional market. I can only
hope Olympus notices this and follows in queue.

The Spotmatic does deserve a place in history but the OM-1 certainly
does as well.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com