Re: [OM] OM-1 Spotmeter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Spotmeter
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:10:48 EDT
Cc: rumford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 10/16/00 8:34:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rumford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Perhaps, I wasn't really yhat clear.  Anyway to modify the OM-1 so it
meters
> like a OM-2S in
>  manual mode?!?!?

He was pulling your leg but I have an offer for you. A used once Samyang
500mm f8 telephoto (without T mount) and hard case. After using it once, I
could never think of a use for it until the spot meter issue came up. I will
send it to you for shipping costs and you will have a 10% metering spot
meter. You will have to calibrate it because mirror lens do not tranmits all
the light that the aperture suggests so you will have to adjust your exposure
for more light. And a 10% metering area is about a 3mm round area as compared
to a 50mm lens. This lens is so soft that you can see the effect on 3x5
prints easily. I was sold it at a camera swap meet cheap because "it fell off
of a truck". Well, that was probably the truth. My offer is also sincere.

Warren

PS. 3 days after this eMail anyone else can take me up on my offer also.
[10/16/00 9:10 pm PST]