[OM] Wanted to buy

Subject: [OM] Wanted to buy
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:05:13 ADT
Hello all,

I guess the time has come to consider picking up the recently mentioned body. So, after careful consideration and deliberation I've come down to 2 options.

1. Buy another OM-2 for yours truly & hand down one of my trusty OM-1's to my girlfriend, or
2.  Buy an OM-PC

So the tendering call goes out to list members who will get first crack at making me an offer (gawd I hate the crap shoot known as e-bay):

I'm looking for off-list offers to sell me either:

1. An OM-2 (not a 2n!!!) preferably black bodied with good foam, accurate shutter, and perfect light meter. Cosmetic wear is not too critical as long as it works like a dream. Preference to bodies that have had recent CLA's.

OR

2 An OM-PC in tip top working condition and decent cosmetics without all the circuit, shutter, etc... problems I read about on the list so often. It's gonna be a picture taker, so please... good PC/40's only.

To make the deal even more interesting, I can offer in partial trade if someone so desires, a black body OM1-MD and Winder 1 with the following problems: The body has minor prism separation in the bottom 50f the viewfinder, the back door foam needs relacing, there is minor engraving on the back. As far as I know the winder is tip-top and recently purchased from another list member, although I must admit, I've never used it much (it does fire & advance the film... I've only put one roll through it though). The body has untested, yet seemingly accurate shutter speeds, an accurate and functioning light meter and good circuitry, the MD cover is in place, the leather is tip-top. the mirror is good. the film counter works, but is sluggish to return to the "s" position. Another item of note is that the top and bottom covers are NOT brass. They are a silver-colored metal under the paint. (there is some paint missing over a strap lug from large strap ring use) A list member has told me that this OM-1 is a rare find in that the covers are titanium, although I have no way of verifying the metal's composition. So if someone wants this fixer-uper to send to JH or for parts, or whatever, let me know & we'll talk about a fair price. I'd like to send it with the winder though, as it's collecting dust now & needs a good home on an OM camera. (I always use my winder 2's)

Regards,
-Mike