Re: [OM] .....Oly Pen F.....

Subject: Re: [OM] .....Oly Pen F.....
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:52:23 +0900
Hi TMLee,

> Whats an Olympus Pen F or Pen FT ?

A pen F is a camera with a big letter "F" engraved at where Maitani
didn't have enough time to put a self timer. FT has a timer lever
instead the letter F, but T in FT is not for "timer".

> Does it take our usual OM SLR lenses ?

They take their own system lenses, but a genuine OM to Pen F lens
mount adapter is still available new.

> Is it a collector's item...... ? Or close to it ? Why ?

Yes. Collecters call them "The Queen".  The only half-format SLR
system cameras with interchangeable lenses ever existed since 1963.