Re: [OM] Speed of lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Speed of lenses
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 15:24:08 +0200
Hans

There are a couple of snags with this shift adapter:

1. It is large, and would dwarf the OM body, making it difficult to use a tripod.

2. It will not mount an OM lens. It needs a MF lens to provide enough coverage over the whole shift range.

3. The only way to stop down the lens is by the DOF preview, if there is one on the lens.

There was a report on this gizmo in the latest edition of Amateur Photographer. It has a website which will provide (I hope) all the information in the latest AP. The site is under construction still so does not provide the news on the Ricoh GR21 for instance.

Oh, I forgot the price: about £500 I seem to remember...

Chris

: What would be really nifty is an adapter that allowed shifting it to make
: use of the large image circle!

Yeah. Just have a look at http://www.freeeye.com/ and yes OM is included
this time. Its price is Euro 870.

hnz