Re: [OM] Photographing Pools [was Northern Lights

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographing Pools [was Northern Lights
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 13:45:36 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/00 9:37:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> On another difficult shooting assignment, has anyone had really good
>  results shooting hot pools or geyser basins?  I never seem to end up with
>  the vivid colors that were in the pools.
>
>  Gregg

See the attached for a terraced pool similar to the ones at Yellowstone. In
Turkey, at Pamukale, they let you walk around in the terraced pools. This
photo was heavily manipulated but only towards the goal of trying to make it
look like the actual scene (in the distorted lens of the mind's eye of
course). Probably shot with an OM2 and a Tamron 38-100 lens at 38mm

 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/wkato/home/europe/pamuk03.jpg";>pamuk03.jpg
</A>
or:
http://members.aol.com/wkato/home/europe/pamuk03.jpg