Re: [OM] ......adaptors.....

Subject: Re: [OM] ......adaptors.....
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 21:32:47 +0900
> Does Hama make them ?
> Whats an M42 mount ? Is is screw mount ?

Excuse me, maybe my former mail was confusing.  AFAIK, adapters
available (in Japan) for Olympus and Leica-R lens/bodies are as
follows:

==================================
Lens           Body

LEICA-R        Canon-EOS
LEICA-R        L39
Mamiya-645     LEICA-R
PENTAX-6x7     LEICA-R

HASSEL         OLYMPUS-OM
M42            OLYMPUS-Pen F
M42            OLYMPUS-OM
Mamiya-645     OLYMPUS-OM
Nikon-F        OLYMPUS-OM
Nikon-F        OLYMPUS-Pen F
PENTAX-6x7     OLYMPUS-OM
PENTAX-645     OLYMPUS-Pen F
OLYMPUS-OM     C-mount
OLYMPUS-OM     Canon-EOS
OLYMPUS-OM     Canon-EOS
OLYMPUS-OM     L39
OLYMPUS-OM     Leica-M
OLYMPUS-OM     OLYMPUS-Pen F
===================================

I don't know if any of them are made by Hama.  Yes, M42 is a screw
mount with a 42 mm thread.  It's not a Leica mount but a universal
mount, as you know.

> Very inreseting the guy who facbricated his own mount...... I can't read
> Japanese........any other sources of info ?

I don't know.  I don't think many people do that.  Despite the Leica
R has a flangeback of 47 mm (OM=46 mm) and the mounts are almost the
same in size, it seems that without a correction lens, you still
have to grind down to shorten the length of the R lens to focus at
infinitive.  The lens also becomes not able to be mounted on a Leica
again.

Sorry, I feel like I'm not helping you at all...

Kazuya Matsumoto