Re: [OM] Voll-Service Olympus Europa

Subject: Re: [OM] Voll-Service Olympus Europa
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 20:15:15 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi Gary,

> I just acquired an OM-1 with a sticker on the inside of the film back
> door saying:
> Voll-Service Olympus Europa
> and some German text with a Hamburg address. Can I assume this is
> standard practice for a camera which had authorized repair from the
> German Olympus distributor? They also replaced the MD panel on the front

AFAIK yes, some has only the VSOE sticker, some the extra address
The Hamburg address is not only the Olympus Distributor in Germany
but also the central Europe Olympus division.
The addres should be 'Wendenstr 14-16'

Just for info: From an Olympus employe for over 20 years I got the information
that Olympus Europe has plans or already did it to outsource their
service center for cameras. (He has now since 5 years his own olympus
service buisiness).

The VSOE sticker was not only put on used and serviced cameras
I know from products (camera bodies) that where sold new
and had this sticker on the outside of the box/packing.
(late in the 1980ies)

> leatherette with a VSOE patch. The latter seems to be going a bit too
> far in defacing the original appearance.

Nothing heard about that !

Rudy
    Berlin/Germany